This green space and leisure area arose when the town grew and the Felipe de Castro gardens were created at the end of the 19th century; the name comes from the bust on top of a pedestal, at the entrance of the gardens, of the 18th-century Noia artist, who was a royal sculptor in the times of Fernando VI and director of the Royal Academy of Fine Art of San Fernando. The bronze bust was placed here at the end of the 19th century and the large Japanese magnolias are from the same time. Two more busts were added on the Day of Galician Letters honouring two Noia writers: that of Antón Avilés de Taramancos (by the artist Camilo Seira) in 2003 and that of María Mariño (by the Noia artist Soleda Penalta) in 2007. This area, which points to Noia as the cradle of artists, also features the bust of a Noia musician, Prudencio Romo, the co-founder of the group Los Tamara that revolutionised Galician music; this sculpture was made by the Noia artist Emilio Mariño.
This area of gardens is followed by the Alameda park that has been modified over time. It is worth highlighting its benches with cast-iron backs featuring the year when they were made and placed here; the most recent ones have been renovated. The original sandy ground was covered in 1968 with tiles, which have recently been renovated; the bandstand was erected in 1950 and the children’s playground was created in 1970.