Romanesque Chapel and former Cemetery of Santa Cristina de Barro
This chapel is located in the old cemetery, which was used as such until 1960. All that remains of the Romanesque church (11th-12th century) is the presbytery featuring Romanesque corbels and an arrow slit, on the outside; inside, you can see the chapel’s Romanesque columns.
Stone Cross of Eiroa
This stone cross dates from the year 1879 and depicts the Unnailing, the moment when Jesus of Nazareth is taken down from the cross, with the help of Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus, while his mother Mary is kneeling down.
Church of San José
This church features a neoclassical-style façade. Founded by Doña Josefa Armero in the year 1856, it belongs to the Convent of the Order of the Trinitarians.
Church of San Martiño
Completed in 1434, this church (declared a Building of Cultural Interest) is a good example of Galicia’s Gothic style with a single nave and its main polygonal chapel covered by a ribbed vault that, on the outside, is reinforced with a crenelated top.
Church of San Pedro de Boa and cemetery
This church features a Greek-cross ground plan. The writer Antón Avilés de Taramancos is buried in its cemetery.
Church of Santa María A Nova and Tombstones
Founded in the year 1327 by the archbishop of Compostela, Berenguel de Landoira, whose effigy appears in the tympanum of the main façade, where the Epiphany is depicted.
Church of Santa María de Argalo
This baroque church with a Latin-cross nave is unusual since it faces the opposite direction, compared to most churches; here the apse faces west and the front entrance east.
Church of Santa María de Roo
The present-day church dates from 1867. It features a plain and very sober masonry façade, with a niche containing an image of the Assumption.
Church of Santa Mariña de Obre
This is a Romanesque church that underwent important modifications in later centuries. Its apse, both inside and outside, still reflects the original Romanesque style.
New Church of Santa Cristina de Barro
This baroque church is dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua, whose image can be seen inside the niche; above it there is an impressive coat of arms, since this was a private chapel founded by the canon of Santiago Cathedral, Antonio de Castro Romero.