Alameda and Felipe de Castro gardens
This green space and leisure area arose when the town grew and the Felipe de Castro gardens were created at the end of the 19th century; the name comes from the bust on top of a pedestal, at the entrance of the gardens, of the 18th-century Noia artist, who was a royal sculptor in the times of Fernando VI and director of the Royal Academy of Fine Art of San Fernando.
Casa de García de Seárez
Now known as Casa do Senra: it combines the baroque style (in its curved pediment featuring a coat of arms and bossed stone) with the introduction of neoclassical elements.
“Casa do Concello” (Town Hall)
Located in the Alameda (park), beside the renaissance Church of San Francisco, its façade features a neogothic tower with a large entrance arch and ornamental battlements at the top.
Constructed by the master builder “Pepe da Agulla” in 1929. Its façade reflects a similar aesthetic concept and the same technical perfection of the casino building.
Fishermen’s houses on Rúa Curro
At the beginning of this street, beside the Hospital de Adentro, are baroque fishermen’s houses identified by an arcade and balcony.
It was built in 1928 by the famous stonemason “Pepe da Agulla.” Noia’s Casino is an emblematic building that stands out due to its architecture and history, as well the many cultural and leisure activities that are held here.
Tambre Hydroelectric Power Station
Built in 1932 and designed by the architect Antonio Palacios, who applied a historicist artistic language to its façade, transferring the Romanesque style to an industrial building. Part of the structure has now been turned into a hotel.
Tannery and water district (A Chaínza)
Ruins of the Cadarso tannery from the year 1700, in the surroundings of the preindustrial district of A Chaínza.
Hospital de Adentro
Located within the city wall. It was one of three medieval hospitals and was dedicated to the “Sancti Spiritus.”
Noia’s old town
The geographer Pedro García Vidal, in his book A Noia da memoria (1991), classifies Noia’s old town not only as the area within the medieval city wall but also the outskirts that arose in the town’s early history.
Pazo de Varela Radío
Erected on the site of an older building, it reflects the baroque style more in its integration with nature than in its exterior forms, which feature a grandiose stairway at the house’s inner entrance (Mariño, 1990).
Pazo Pena do Ouro
A building from the early 20th century, with some parts from the 19th century, it is inspired by Compostela’s baroque architecture.
Urban “Pazos” (ancestral homes)
The term “urban pazo” refers to a house that stands out from those around it, due to the construction material used (stone) and the social category of its occupants (A Noia da memoria, Pedro García Vidal, 1990).
Praza do Tapal
Located in the high part of the town, in this space, which is now occupied by a square, there used to be a primitive fortified settlement before the city wall was built in the 14th century. Inside there was a fort called La Mitra and the Pazo dos Churruchao –all that remains of the latter building is a wall featuring an elegant Gothic window.